Monday, July 19, 2010
An early start for everyone, we woke at 2.15 am . Liam slept really well even if I didnt but hey he is the one swimming. We all left Varne Ridge and down to the Marina. It was very busy there Relay Teams , solo swimmers loading boats and getting the last few minutes on dry land. A little hiccup we forgot the passports so after me speeding back to the caravan park for them it was time to leave.
Liam set off from Shakespere beach ,I am not on the boat as i dont have great sea legs so I watched him leave from the road.. The weather conditions are very good its going to be about 22 deg today. Now all I have to do is wait ...........

Live Updates

Marymount Hospice

Marymount Hospice
Sponsor me to support Marymount

RNLI

RNLI
Sponsor me and help the RNLI

About me

I am a 40 year old happily married man with 3 fantastic children and a very supportive wife...........And I'm going to swim the English Channel !!

I live in Cork City, Ireland and I am the owner of Sheilas Hostel (www.sheilashostel.ie) and Gabriel House (www.gabriel-house.com) .

I have returned to my childhood sport of swimming after 26 years and I now train in Source under the watchfull eye of my coach Eilis Burns.





Various Video Clips

Followers