Monday, July 12, 2010
We took the kids out of school for the last few days and high tailed it off to Orebic (a small village on the Croatian Coast oposite the Island of Kortula).The average temperature was 29deg and the water was a lovely 22deg.
The deal with my family was a 2hr swim every 2nd day and I must say it was a great way to taper (coach may not agree but we'll soon find out if twas good or bad).
We ate loads of fish and read a couple of books and generally spent much needed time with the kids.
Well we're home nearly 5 days at this stage and although I feel very rested it has been hectic between work and fitting in some swims.

Roll on the swim 8 or 9 days to go !!

Live Updates

Marymount Hospice

Marymount Hospice
Sponsor me to support Marymount

RNLI

RNLI
Sponsor me and help the RNLI

About me

I am a 40 year old happily married man with 3 fantastic children and a very supportive wife...........And I'm going to swim the English Channel !!

I live in Cork City, Ireland and I am the owner of Sheilas Hostel (www.sheilashostel.ie) and Gabriel House (www.gabriel-house.com) .

I have returned to my childhood sport of swimming after 26 years and I now train in Source under the watchfull eye of my coach Eilis Burns.





Various Video Clips

Followers