Thursday, July 15, 2010



I've got the call from my skipper and my team and I are traveling to Dover on Saturday morning next. The hope is that I will swim either Sunday Monday or Tuesday and looking at the weather i'd be hoping for Monday.


What Happens Next I hear you say!


Well I will wait in Dover until the alotted time to meet the skipper and his boat "The Gallivant"


which you can track at www.bit.ly/trackliam , and we load up the crew in the Harbour and then make our way to the Beach at the end of the pictured cliff above.

En route to the Beach I will change into speedos and start lairing on the grease (Lanolin and Vaseline) I then jump over board swim to shore and turn around and wave at the boat when the clock will start.


I am not looking to beat any time just to achieve my goal and to cross the channel. My start time is looking like 4am so it will be dark but not for long if you are tracking me you might notice that i'm not swimming in a straight line, well i'm trying to but the tide is pushing me one way and a few hours later the opposite so my swim should look like an S.


As I near the French coast there will be a strong current so I will have to conserve energy to swim through it and not be dragged up to Belgium. Asuming I make it accross I will have a few minutes on the beach after which I will swim back to the boat and we will power back to Dover....


I am still raising Money for both the Hospice and for the RNLI







Live Updates

Marymount Hospice

Marymount Hospice
Sponsor me to support Marymount

RNLI

RNLI
Sponsor me and help the RNLI

About me

I am a 40 year old happily married man with 3 fantastic children and a very supportive wife...........And I'm going to swim the English Channel !!

I live in Cork City, Ireland and I am the owner of Sheilas Hostel (www.sheilashostel.ie) and Gabriel House (www.gabriel-house.com) .

I have returned to my childhood sport of swimming after 26 years and I now train in Source under the watchfull eye of my coach Eilis Burns.





Various Video Clips

Followers