Friday, July 23, 2010

Well today is my third day at home since my Epic swim last Monday and I was begining to feel human until I was kidnapped by Frank McNamara last night and he re introduced me to GUINNESS !!!! So today I also have my 1st Hangover in over 10 months !! Not sure if I miss them !!

I am floating on top of the World absolutley thrilled with myself and I have to pinch myself regularley to remind myself that I have Swum The English Channel.

I would like to thank all my crew who helped me to achieve my goal and a huge word of thanks goes to of you the people who sent texts tweets prayers and positive thoughts which helped me accross the Channel.

I would love to know how many people were tracking my swim on the GPS tracker it seems that everyone I speek to was watching my progress.

I will do another blog over the next few days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi head. Well done and delighted you didn't drift far enough south to meet us here near La Rochelle. We can confirm that the Brussels Coles all watched the GPS draw out that enormous 'S' in the channel. Darragh is really puzzled though, and keeps asking 'But WHY is liam swimming to France?' its a laugh as he knows he is FLYING home, and dad is driving and SAILING on a boat ....so why oh why would liam SWIM???? I'm still searching for a suitable answer that he'll accept!!!!!!!!! See y'all soon. home next monday. dc

Anonymous said...

Doubtcha boy. That's something else. I couldn't swim across a bath y'know. Amazing.

I must talk to the Central Commatee and see if you can be re-installed in the CSMAU's Halls of Power. Janitor doesn't suit ya these days (though it did give ya plenty of time for the training judging by the state of the CSMAU's Corridors of Power...!!). How does Minister for Sports & Tourism sound!!??

Talk tya during the week fella - yer a pure legend. Il Prez

Post a Comment

Live Updates

Marymount Hospice

Marymount Hospice
Sponsor me to support Marymount

RNLI

RNLI
Sponsor me and help the RNLI

About me

I am a 40 year old happily married man with 3 fantastic children and a very supportive wife...........And I'm going to swim the English Channel !!

I live in Cork City, Ireland and I am the owner of Sheilas Hostel (www.sheilashostel.ie) and Gabriel House (www.gabriel-house.com) .

I have returned to my childhood sport of swimming after 26 years and I now train in Source under the watchfull eye of my coach Eilis Burns.





Various Video Clips

Followers